I got connected with Molly, of Revolution Paper Co., months ago to photograph some of her invitation suites. The first thing that stuck out to me about Molly was how personable she was. I love that she is LGBTQ+ friendly, and she strongly promotes that.
When her suites arrived in the mail, I impressed with how high quality they were. From the gorgeous colors, to the paper type, these invitations were amazing. I loved going through each suite to see how she implements her personality into each of them. I am so glad to feature such an amazing paper artist!
Tell us about yourself.
I’m Molly the paper nerd behind Revolution Paper Co. I help modern LGBTQ couples and allies stand out in guests’ mailboxes, with bold, imaginative invitations that are custom designed with your theme and personality in mind. I believe there’s always room to bend the rules a bit when it comes to stationery, and by bend, I mean totally break.
Talk to us about the services that Revolution Paper Co. provides. What is the average cost?
’ll dream side-by-side with you to create a personalized invitation design that has your one-of-a-kind style written all over it. From sketches and design to stamping and mailing from start to finish, you can have a fully hands-off zero-stress stationery situation. Couples who desire a custom look spend an average of $3,500 for 100 invitations suites. For couples who on a tight stationery timeline tend to choose one of my semi-custom designs and tend to spend an average of $1,800 for 100 invitation suites.
Share your business journey with us.
I started Revolution Paper Co. because I believe today’s modern couples are looking for stationery beyond the “typical.” While I appreciate simple creams and scripted fonts, I love the non-traditional: the matter-of-fact wording, the epic amount of white space, and the revolution of colors. I see myself as a revolutionary in the stationery world. I break all the rules, I disregard grammar for the sake of the look, and I advocate for my couples when parents impose their own ideas of “what’s right”
What’s the biggest piece of advice you could give a bride?
This is your wedding. Not your mom’s not your dad’s not your best man’s or your bridesmaid’s. It’s you and your partner’s big day and that needs to be evident no matter who is paying. The #1 regret I hear from couples is they wish they had better advocated for themselves. I get that not everyone can “stand up” to their parents, or whomever, but that is why you hire professional wedding creatives to step in and advocate for you in a way that won’t make you uncomfortable. ( I do it ALL the time!)
Do you recommend save the dates? Why or why not?
I actually have a whole blog post on whether or not you need to send save the dates! LOL But here’s the 411 on when I feel you SHOULD send save the dates:
- Your wedding is MORE than 1 year away
- Many of your guests are in the military or first responders
- Many guests live outside the country
- You’re having a destination wedding
Outside of these four things, there is really no need to send save the dates, but if you have the budget and it makes you happy, no one’s stopping you.
What sets Revolution Paper Co. apart from other stationers?
There are a couple things that set me and my fellow stationers apart:
- My style | Most stationers are super elegant and traditional, that is totally not my thing. I like making things that aren’t normally elegant and give them a super elegant look with a 100% modern flare. Some examples of this would be my Jurassic Park, Beetlejuice, and Badass Motorcycle Semi-Custom Collections. Not to mention the nerdier the better.
- My Process | I firmly believe that you need to know what you don’t like to figure out what you love. The best way to do this is to meet up either on Zoom or over coffee (normally) and chat all about you two as a couple. All the little things that makeup who you to are like your favorite ice cream, book, movies and more. I use all that info to create (3) unique looks for you to look and figure out what’s totally you (and what’s totally not!
- Me | No two stationers are alike, and we all have distinct ways of doing things. I am that blunt, sarcastic, no-nonsense paper nerd who tells it like it is and doesn’t sugar coat a thing! I don’t just design, print, mail goodbye, I guide you along your stationery journey educating you on the options to make sure you are making decisions you will love.
- I advocate among my fellow wedding vendors to revolutionize how we do weddings. The wedding world is NOT as inclusive as we’d like to think, and that is not how I want it to be going forward. I am having hard conversations with my fellow creatives to ensure we are being inclusive to people of all backgrounds and being open and inviting to ALL couples. I stand on my soapbox about the importance of inclusive websites, contracts, and processes. And how we need to do the hard work ourselves to better serve our clients.